With the following six basic exercises you can activate and strengthen your back and abdominal muscles efficiently.
After just one to two weeks of training you will notice the following changes in your body:
- The deep muscles in your back and abdomen that are essential for the well-being of your back become stronger, their reaction levels and speed increase, and they become better able to protect your back against injury.
- Your back will become stronger and will not tire as easily during the course of a normal day.
- You will also notice a change in your neck and shoulders when tension is released as a result of improved blood circulation and muscle strength.
- Your stomach will get trimmer when the transverse abdominis gets stronger.
- The spine-sparing exercises will also improve your posture.
The basic exercises take no longer than about five minutes to do.
Once your muscles have got used to the training, it is recommended that you do the exercises daily.
In an ideal situation, people doing sedentary work would do the basic exercises (or at least the back arch, upper back exercise, and activation of the transverse abdominis) a couple of times during the course of their working day (the three exercises take two or three minutes to do).