When you sustain an injury, damaged cells in your body respond to the trauma by generating more energy (ATP) to prevent cell death. The energy-giving effects of red and infrared light therapy will stimulate the cell’s mitochondria to produce enough energy to sustain cell function which allows cells to heal themselves.
Due to the high intensity light source, the Photizo’s pre-programmed evidence-based dose will:
- Stimulate the blood supply to the trauma area.
- Promote lymph drainage which ensures a dramatic reduction in swelling and inflammation.
- Increase cell regeneration which accelerates the rate at which many injuries are healed (especially when used within 4-6 hours of trauma). In less severe cases healing can be within 24 hours, without side effects.
- Provide natural pain relief due to calming of the pain transmitting nerve and enhanced stimulation of the body’s own pain killers, endorphin and serotonin. Pain reduction is experienced in most cases, almost immediately once treatment has started.
- Provide an immune stimulatory effect, energising the immune cells in the body to kill viruses, bacteria and fungi, protecting your body against secondary infections.
- Regulate collagen production throughout the healing process to minimise scar tissue formation.